Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Erin3

Re: No activation link.

I am having this exact same problem. My connection is great- it gives 2 green checkmarks- but when it does the “checking for software part” nothing- just a window comes up saying “activation issue” to get a new code but it won’t give me one and never gave me one to start with.

I restarted everything and tried all of the above suggestions. Did factory reset. Please help. Getting really annoyed.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: activation code not showing up

Hi @Erin3,

Thanks for letting us know all that you've done.

Please feel free to send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Pacedo

Hi Mary,  I’m having the same issue as others are having.  I can’t seem to get an activation code.  I’ve reset everything and it keeps telling me that it can’t reach me by email.  I tried to PM you, but I can’t seem to figure out how to do that.  Is it because you’re listed as being offline that I can’t PM you?

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@Pacedo wrote:

Hi Mary,  I’m having the same issue as others are having.  I can’t seem to get an activation code.  I’ve reset everything and it keeps telling me that it can’t reach me by email.  I tried to PM you, but I can’t seem to figure out how to do that.  Is it because you’re listed as being offline that I can’t PM you?

No, its because you're a "newbie".

Try calling Roku support instead:   (816) 272-8106  choose option 2

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Pacedo,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Have you try performing a factory reset on your device. This will reset all settings and return your Roku device to a state ready for initial setup.
For more information on how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

In addition, checked for the email on your spam or junk folder if it's not in the inbox?

If the issue is still not resolved:

1. Return to your Roku device and press the Back button back button on Roku remote on your Roku remote. When prompted, try entering your email address again.
  2. If the issue repeats, try activating your Roku device using a different email address.

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: How do I resolve an issue when activating or linking my Roku® streaming device? | Official Roku Supp... 

If you are still having any issues with receiving the email activation code after following these steps, please provide the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JamieM

Re: No activation link trying to watch CNN.

Hey Danny, Hoping you can help.  I have Direct TV. Says Im un-authorized to watch CNN. Never had issues before. Usually get code but not now. Its a Roku TV not a device. All other channels are working. Thanks Jamie

0 Kudos
RokuIrene-S
Retired Moderator

Re: No activation link trying to watch CNN.

Hi @JamieM

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's specific error codes and functionality, you'll want to contact directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

We suggest contacting the channel provider and cable provider for further assistance.

All the best,
Irene

0 Kudos
unhappyguy
Reel Rookie

I have already tried factory reset now and no link code shows up on my tv to enter into the Roku activation site. Now what. Nothing shows up on my screen. Where is it suppose to show up?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@unhappyguy, what shows up on your screen?  Roku no longer uses link codes.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
unhappyguy
Reel Rookie

Nothing shows up on my screen.

Also, the Disney+ channel I signed up for using my email won’t accept my email.

0 Kudos