Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activation code not showing up

Hi,

im trying to activate my roku premiere but I ran into an activation error and the code is not showing for some reason. I had the option to get a new code but clicking on that option wouldn’t generate a response. I already tried restarting the device, connecting a hotspot, connecting to a different router; all of these failed. Anything I can do?

25 REPLIES 25
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: activation code not showing up

Don't just restart, you need to do factory reset to have new link code sent. With the roku powered on, there's  pinhole on the back stick something in and hold for at least 30 seconds.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

I already did a factory reset and that hasn’t solved the issue unfortunately 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Hannahcho5100 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can activate and setup your device. Then once your device has been setup, try switching back to your home wireless network.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
com7flt

Re: Activating Device asking for link code none displayed

my neighbor moved and left me her Roku Box and remote. i have set up an account today, hooked everything up. Internet wireless, everything works EXCEPT I NEVER GOT A LINK CODE sent to my screen. Im stuck. Can u help me?

0 Kudos
Porkchop2u

Not show code on tv

0 Kudos
Cindy3
Reel Rookie

Re: Activation

I have spent three days on this activation and I have tried multiple fixes.  I can’t get an activation code.   Tried different emails, factory reset, reset router, and backed out and re-entered multiple times.  I have no idea how to move forward.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Activating Device asking for link code none displayed

@com7flt @Porkchop2u @Cindy3 

Thanks for the posts.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can activate and setup your device. Then once your device has been setup, try switching back to your home wireless network.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SAREED

No activation link.

Hello have read and tried all the work arounds to get activation links for my Roku Premieres. Different isps, rebooting equipment, etc. 

I have tried for hours and never received a code. 

Roku Premiere (3920 series) 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: No activation link.

@SAREED 

Thanks for the post.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos