Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
buzzardbait101
Level 7

Will roku work on a Visio E320VL Television?

Jump to solution

Will roku work on a Visio E320VL Television?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Level 21

Re: Will roku work on a Visio E320VL Television?

Jump to solution

A Roku player will work on any display with an HDMI input that supports 720p, 1080p or higher resolutions. From the specs I could find online, your TV seems to meet the 720p requirement. However, I did notice it lists the HDMI version as 1.3, and that might be an issue. Some 1.3 devices don't play well with 1.4 or higher connections. There's no way to be certain other than trying it. Just make your purchase from a store with a good return policy.

Dan
Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 21

Re: Will roku work on a Visio E320VL Television?

Jump to solution

A Roku player will work on any display with an HDMI input that supports 720p, 1080p or higher resolutions. From the specs I could find online, your TV seems to meet the 720p requirement. However, I did notice it lists the HDMI version as 1.3, and that might be an issue. Some 1.3 devices don't play well with 1.4 or higher connections. There's no way to be certain other than trying it. Just make your purchase from a store with a good return policy.

Dan
Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos