Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dee96

Will not let me set up my device after factory reset

My roku won't let me open any of my channel tried to reset it still nothing so factory reset it then when I try to set up my old roku and the one my sister gave me they both say the email you provide isn't working or we can't seem to reach you but I can still get into my roku app with my email so I tried an alternate email and get the same messages 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Will not let me set up my device after factory reset

Hi @Dee96,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

If you see 'Your account activation link expired' or 'We can't seem to reach you by Email' when trying to use the activation link, tap 'Resend' on your Roku device and another email will be sent. After a moment, look in your inbox for another message from Roku with a new activation link for you to try.

If you continue to see either message after receiving a new activation link, try activating your Roku device using a different email address.

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: How to activate or link your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support 

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team to assist you further in this problem. Please include the serial number/device ID of your Roku device.
Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos

Hello, 

Today the internet connection on my Roku TV stopped working. After trying many options, I did a factory reset. While the unit now appears to connect to the internet, when it gets to the registration/verification step, I receive a message saying: “We can’t seem to reach you by email.” I tried several email addresses and connecting to a wired internet connection. I also tried two internet connections, one from a router and another from a phone. The same message comes up each time. 

I would appreciate help on how to proceed. 

Thanks. My TV info is below.

TCL Model 55S423
Hardware ID 7131x
Serial Number YN007N351644
Software version 11.5.0-build 4235-30
Device ID J49917351644

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@LettersNumbers

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Saradawn

I am having the same problem!  I can’t get an activation email.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Saradawn

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos