Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Will not go past update software

Jump to solution

I bought a new roku premiere. I go thru set up the wireless option. It connects. It downloads a software update. It then restes back to the beginning of the getting started by asking me for a language again.   I go thru this cycle numerous times.  It keep going back to the beginning. Does anyone know what is wrong?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Will not go past update software

Jump to solution

Can't say why it happens, but something that has worked for many, many people is to use an alternate Internet source, such as a phone hotspot. No idea why, but the update completes and the Roku can then connect to the home network and everything works fine. If you don't have hotspot capability on your phone, you can try setting it up from someone else's home and then take it back to your home. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 20

Jump to solution

Can't say why it happens, but something that has worked for many, many people is to use an alternate Internet source, such as a phone hotspot. No idea why, but the update completes and the Roku can then connect to the home network and everything works fine. If you don't have hotspot capability on your phone, you can try setting it up from someone else's home and then take it back to your home. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Awesome!    It worked. Made my phone a Hotspot and it updated and is working. Thanks

0 Kudos