Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jdb3268

Will not activate using email link

This does not work. I have activated the link several times and it freezes up at 1 minute left to activate. I have restarted the device and reset the device and it will not activate.

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Will not activate using email link

@Jdb3268

Thank for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? What exactly are you seeing on screen? Can you provide screenshots of the issue so we can better understand what you are seeing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kcmarie
Reel Rookie

I am having this exact issue. Click the link in the activation email, get to the "my offers" section and will not move past that  Also says 1 minute remaining. What is wrong???!! I've reset my new Roku express 3 times, used a different email with the same results..

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @Kcmarie

We're here to help!

Please provide us with the details asked by @RokuDanny-R above. We'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Kcmarie
Reel Rookie

I am trying to activate my new Roku express. It is hooked up correctly & connected to my internet. When prompted to provide my email I do. I get the email from Roku with the activate device link. I click it, it goes to the name your Device & location of device (bedroom, area of house w/e) then goes to second step, "your interests" I get that done fine, next is "your offers" selected the free trials & such. THEN it DOES NOT move forward after that. (One minute remaining) it just stays there on that area. Nowhere else to go.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@Kcmarie

Thanks for the details.

Please reply here with the serial number of your Roku device. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself. Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our support team for further assistance.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Kcmarie
Reel Rookie

16516954312242936688026943299173.jpg

Thanx

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@Kcmarie

Appreciate the prompt response.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

I'm having the same issue as the posters above me. Brand new Roku express 4k+ entered my email, clicked the link got as far as the screen to choose offers.  It will not proceed past that point.  Please help or I'm sending it back and switching to a fire stick. My email is [personal information removed].  I already have an account.   I bought this new Roku bcs my last one died

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kerbear1028,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

If the activation issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team in order to assist you further in this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

In the meantime, we also recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How to activate or link your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support 

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos