Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Forgios

Will Roku Work With A Panasonic Viera LCD HDTV

Jump to solution

I am thinking of purchasing a Roku Streaming product mainly to watch live free TV that Roku offers.  I am if Roku will work with my Panasonic Viera LCD HDTV.  Right now, I have a Playstation 3 hooked to the TV and also have Netflix. However, my brand of TV does not offer an option for Roku TV.  I am also wondering what would be the best Roku Device to purchase.  Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Will Roku Work With A Panasonic Viera LCD HDTV

Jump to solution

@Forgios 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Roku streaming players can be connected to any TV with an HDMI® connection. Some models can also be connected to an older TV that may only have a composite audio/video connection. 

For more information about TV compatibility with Roku players, visit our Support page: Do I need a special TV?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Forgios 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Roku streaming players can be connected to any TV with an HDMI® connection. Some models can also be connected to an older TV that may only have a composite audio/video connection. 

For more information about TV compatibility with Roku players, visit our Support page: Do I need a special TV?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
nanaawada

Jump to solution

I bought Roku express and I followed instructions but my plasma Tv that has viera link does not recognize it.What should I do ? is there any needed  special setup of my Tv ?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@nanaawada

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried using another HDMI cable as well as connecting the device to another HDMI input to see if that helps? If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DRL76

Jump to solution

Roku model‎ 3820R

Panasonic TV model. TC-P54G10 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@DRL76, if you're asking whether that Roku model will work on that TV then the answer is yes.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
tlnh

Jump to solution

any luck?  my Roku premiere worked for months & now the TV does not recognize.  (black screen)  Bought new Roku express (3930R) & have same results.  Both HSMI ports checked with PC & work fine.  Also tested 3 different HDMI cables with the Rokus, no change.  Any additional information?

0 Kudos