Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bkreitman
Level 8

Will Multiple StreamingSticks+ interfere with each other?

Jump to solution

I'm investigating joining the Roku revolution... and I'm new at this.

The StreamingSticks+ I assume use RF communication between the remote and the stick, so that they can communicate with the device installed behind the TV. (unlike the Express or Premier that have a device that can be line-of-sight and use an IR remote)

If I purchase multiple StreamingSticks+, will their remotes activate the wrong device, because the signal goes through walls, etc.?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Level 14

Re: Will Multiple StreamingSticks+ interfere with each other?

Jump to solution

No, roku wifi remote can only be paired to single roku at a time. A roku can have more then one remote paired to it, but a single remote can not be paired to more then one roku.

Can having two streaming sticks plugged in and powered up when you try to pair remote send both into pairing mode and you pair with the wrong roku, yes that can happen. Just have one unplugged when installing the other.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 14

Jump to solution

No, roku wifi remote can only be paired to single roku at a time. A roku can have more then one remote paired to it, but a single remote can not be paired to more then one roku.

Can having two streaming sticks plugged in and powered up when you try to pair remote send both into pairing mode and you pair with the wrong roku, yes that can happen. Just have one unplugged when installing the other.

View solution in original post

bkreitman
Level 8

Jump to solution

Many Thanks!!

0 Kudos