Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pilotgary

Why has Roku become the default input when I start my TV?

Jump to solution

We still have cable TV and want that input to be our default. Suddenly Roku has taken over such that every time we turn on the TV it goes to the input for Roku. How can get Roku to stop over powering the input we select (cable TV)?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lesmikesell
Roku Guru

Re: Why has Roku become the default input when I start my TV?

Jump to solution

Go through the settings on your TV.   Turning off HDMI control (CEC) might do it if you can't lock the input selected when you power up.   Or, you might have to switch the HDMI connections used by the cable box and roku if it is using a priority order.  It may also be that your cable box has a sleep mode that makes it appear to be powered off, making the TV select the Roku.  There might be a settings option to control that.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
melrose05

Jump to solution

I'm having this same issue.  The only way I can access our cable channels and DVR is to disconnect the Roku from the TV, otherwise the TV keeps defaulting to the Roku HDMI port. 

Were you able to find a better solution?

0 Kudos
lesmikesell
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Go through the settings on your TV.   Turning off HDMI control (CEC) might do it if you can't lock the input selected when you power up.   Or, you might have to switch the HDMI connections used by the cable box and roku if it is using a priority order.  It may also be that your cable box has a sleep mode that makes it appear to be powered off, making the TV select the Roku.  There might be a settings option to control that.

0 Kudos
MaryS8

Jump to solution

Hi, everyone.  I've followed all the steps shown so far, but can't get farthern than System, because "Power" is not an option under the System list.

Thanks,

MaryS8 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

settings> system> control other devices(CEC)> uncheck 1-touch play box

Read the paragraph next to the 1-touch play box.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
kwebandb

Jump to solution

I have a LG OLED BX. I finally solved this problem. Go to the General Tab then Additional Settings and turn off the Quick Start function. Since doing this the TV always turns on to my cable/satellite box.

0 Kudos