Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trifive
Level 7

Which Roku should I choose??

Hi all....Recently purchased the Roku streaming stick 3800RW for my 62" in Samsung TV in my living room. I also have a 52" Insignia TV in my shop. I only plan on watching some sports and playing music in the shop so any suggestions on the type of Roku to use in the shop??

thanks for any and all help/advice
0 Kudos
2 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Which Roku should I choose??

I would think that any of the models would work just fine for that. Playing music is childs play, but the sports might be dependent on how you're going to access them. Some Roku channels perfer a bit more power, such as YouTube. But I stream 4K movies from my home network without an issue, even on the less expensive Premiere that I have. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
DubTaylor
Level 10

Re: Which Roku should I choose??

If the budget allows, get an Ultra. I got a Refurb from Amazon for $80 Something. The flagship will probably have a longer shelf life and be more suited to delivering the best experience to a big screen TV.

At some point, sooner or later, you're going to discover WiFi isn't sufficient for transferring magnum bit rates and you'll need something wired to get the job done. Better to have and not need than to need and not have.
0 Kudos