Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LouT
Reel Rookie

Where do I find the Link Code that is displayed on my tv?

Where do I find the Link Code that is displayed on my tv so that I will be able to add a channel from my online account?

3 REPLIES 3
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Where do I find the Link Code that is displayed on my tv?

@LouT 

I'm not sure I'm following you. The Link Codes are generally for authenticating an app through a TV provider, not for adding apps to your account.

Link codes for adding an app are not found on your TV, but from the app developer/Website. You would enter that at https://my.roku.com/ to add the non-certified app (Private Channel) to your account.

What exactly is it you're trying to do?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
LouT
Reel Rookie

Thanks for replying, I misunderstood. I thought when I added a channel on line I would be able to see it on my tv menu.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@LouT 

You will. But there are circumstances that will prevent apps from showing.

One, of course, is if the Roku device is on the same account (same email address). If you have multiple Roku accounts, it won't show up unless you're on the same account.

Another is the capabilities of the device. If the app isn't supported on a particular device, it can be on the account, but not on the device. An example would be if the app doesn't support the older Express (model 3700), the app would be added to other devices, but not the 3700 Express.

Might one of these reasons be what's happening?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos