Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FLguy

What the - 30 minutes -m cannot find costs - support - like even a bot

I bought a boat that has roku tv - what’s do i do - is there new cost - why do i have to give credit card if i have everything to have aaccount.  Sorry for spell but asggravated

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: What the - 30 minutes -m cannot find costs - support - like even a bot

The device itself has no monthly fee.

There are costs if you want to use things that cost money.  (Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, HBO etc.) There are also things with commercials that typically (but not always) cost nothing.  There are also channels that can be logged in for no additional cost if you already have another TV provider like cable, satellite, hulu etc.  There are a few channels where I don't even see a "business model" and perhaps they're just doing it for fun or are in a startup mode (attempt to make money later.)

There are ~ 5000 channel/apps available on a Roku device so there is no single answer. 

It's probably best to think through the options and don't sign up for anything when aggravated.

If you want to poke around without getting into too much trouble, you can go in this way: 

https://my.roku.com/signup/nocc

You can also add or delete a payment method as desired later on.