Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

What is this 30 second reset that you speak of

[post moved to appropriate board]

Just hearing about a 3o second reset How do I do that

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: What is this 30 second reset that you speak of

To do a hard (factory) reset, you can either do it from a menu option in the settings. The other option is to press a hidden, recessed button on the Roku and hold it for a full 30 seconds while it is powered on. And I do mean 30 seconds, not 29. It doesn't matter what is appearing on the display while this is done. The button must be depressed for the full 30 seconds or the reset won't be accomplished correctly.

Just remember that this puts your Roku back to the same as when it came out of the box, and everything has to be set up again. Logging into your Roku account will add in all the channels you previously had, plus some that Roku thinks you might like. but any user login information will require entering again.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos