Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wilkinde

What is recommended for an antenna that would get local stations with an analog TV?

My Roku is working along with Hulu, but I want my local channels. The problem is I have an analog TV.  Is there an antenna that will work with that kind of TV?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: What is recommended for an antenna that would get local stations with an analog TV?

@wilkinde 

It's not really the antenna that's the problem. There's no such thing as an HD TV antenna. That's a marketing term, nothing more. An antenna will pick up VHF or UHF (or both, if it's two in one).

The issue is that if the station is broadcasting digital, but the TV has analog tuner, you will have issues. You can spend around $30-$50 for an analog to digital TV converter box. Walmart carries them. Best Buy too. And of course, Amazon.

Weigh that against the cost of a new TV, starting at less than $100, depending on size and resolution.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."