Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elisardo54

What do i do after a factor reset my roku

After i factory reset my my roku it went to a screen thst says pick a language a so i picked English then it says to choose a network so i did and thats all it does it don't do anything else.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: What do i do after a factor reset my roku

@Elisardo54 

It may not be getting a good Internet connection. Or, it could be that whatever happened to cause you to decide to factory reset the device is a bigger issue than you originally thought.

So, why did you do a factory reset? That should be a last resort, so what happened?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Elisardo54

I was watching tv all day yesterday snd then it suddenly stopped my internet wad connected but it kept streaming or it kept saying it's tsking to long so i thought i needed to factory reset i dont know why it's not letting out were it's at.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

For a device hanging up, sometimes simply removing power, waiting a minute, then reconnecting power will do the trick. A factory reset is a big deal. Now that threshold has been crossed, I'm going to suggest another factory reset.

With power connected, press and hold the Reset button for no less than 30 seconds. Then see what happens.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Elisardo54

I already did that it didn't. Work.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Just so there is no misunderstanding, you are saying that after your first factory reset, and things didn't go well, you did another factory reset that followed my instructions?

And, again, so there is no misunderstanding, you held the Reset button down for a full 30 seconds. Not for "about 30 seconds"? Not for "until something happened on the screen"? Not for "I'm sure that was 30 seconds"? But a full, got out a watch and timed it, 30 seconds? Because that is important.

Because if that truly is the case, then it's likely a situation of the device suddenly deciding to start working again or the device being replaced by a new one.

DBDukes

0 Kudos