Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stp479
Reel Rookie

What Roku for our Pre HDMI TV: Sanyo DS 27930 Manuf date of 2003

We would like to use Roku to eliminate our Spectrum cable box required for our 2003 TV. And then use the Spectrum app on this Roku to watch our Spectrum cable channels. What are our Roku options? We also want to be sure this Roku will subsequently work on a newer HDMI TV when our old TV no longer runs.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: What Roku for our Pre HDMI TV: Sanyo DS 27930 Manuf date of 2003

If your TV doesn't have an HDMI input then no current model directly supports it.  You will need to add an HDMI-to-RCA converter like this into the mix.  Note that I'm only using that as an example.  Those things can be finicky so make sure where ever you get it from has a good return policy if it doesn't work and "converters" that just look like one cable leading to three cables without some kind of little box will not work.

As for future proofing, any current model will almost certainly work for the foreseeable future on any TV you can buy.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
stp479
Reel Rookie

Re: What Roku for our Pre HDMI TV: Sanyo DS 27930 Manuf date of 2003

Thank you for taking the time to answer, it's much appreciated. I'll be placing an order today where we have a good return policy too.

0 Kudos