Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kittee

We use a projector for viewing . Can we us roku, if so what one?

Jump to solution

Not really a tech person.  Want to get off cable. Friends have suggested Roku.  We use a projector that can be hooked up to the internet.  But not sure which unit to purchase or if it is possible that Roku will work with a projector.  Help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: We use a projector for viewing . Can we us roku, if so what one?

Jump to solution

If the projector has an HDMI input, then you could use any Roku player. I would recommend either the Premiere or the Streaming Stick+, the Stick especially since you can plug it directly into the projector HDMI jack without a cable. Of course, if you're going to feed the projector with multiple devices (Blu Ray player and/or other video playback devices), then you'll need a way to select different devices. This is easiest to do when using an Audio/Video Receiver (AVR). You connect everything to the AVR and run a single HDMI cable from the AVR to the projector. This also gives you the benefit of having a full complement of speakers. You really don't want to listen to a movie through whatever speaker the projector has. 😉

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: We use a projector for viewing . Can we us roku, if so what one?

Jump to solution

If the projector has an HDMI input, then you could use any Roku player. I would recommend either the Premiere or the Streaming Stick+, the Stick especially since you can plug it directly into the projector HDMI jack without a cable. Of course, if you're going to feed the projector with multiple devices (Blu Ray player and/or other video playback devices), then you'll need a way to select different devices. This is easiest to do when using an Audio/Video Receiver (AVR). You connect everything to the AVR and run a single HDMI cable from the AVR to the projector. This also gives you the benefit of having a full complement of speakers. You really don't want to listen to a movie through whatever speaker the projector has. 😉

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.