Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SS1357

We do not get any sound when using roku. I do not understand why. Is there a mute somewhere? I don’

We set up the black roku stick device. There is no sound on any apps. The regular tv remote sound does not do anything and there is no sound control on the roku remote. How do I get sound? 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: We do not get any sound when using roku. I do not understand why. Is there a mute somewhere? I d

You need to provide your model # and firmware version:  Settings/System/About

If you bought a Streaming Stick+ the Voice Remote that comes with it has power/volume controls on the side.

In general, change Settings/Audio/HDMI=PCM Stereo  and see if that results in audio

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: We do not get any sound when using roku. I do not understand why. Is there a mute somewhere? I d

@SS1357 wrote:

We set up the black roku stick device.

"The black Roku stick" could be any of several Roku stick products released since 2016.  Each has different capabilities, so please report the actual Roku model/model number.  You can find this via Roku menu path Settings > System > About.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos