Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Raydawg531
Reel Rookie

Re: “We can’t seem to reach you by email”

Jump to solution

I can't even use my roku because of this same  issue

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: “We can’t seem to reach you by email“. Keeps showing

Jump to solution

Hey @Chellytay10

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Since you're getting ‘We can't seem to reach you by Email’ when trying to use the activation link, tap ‘Resend’ on your Roku device and another email will be sent. After a moment, look in your inbox for another message from Roku with a new activation link for you to try.

If still no luck, please reply here with the serial number/device ID of your Roku device. It consists of 12 alphanumeric characters and can be located at the back of the device or on the box.

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuIrene-S
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Raydawg531 @Wakawaka @Charris911

Thanks for the post.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Since you're getting ‘We can't seem to reach you by Email’ when trying to use the activation link, tap ‘Resend’ on your Roku device and another email will be sent. After a moment, look in your inbox for another message from Roku with a new activation link for you to try.

If still no luck, please reply here with the serial number/device ID of your Roku device. It consists of 12 alphanumeric characters and can be located at the back of the device or on the box.

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Irene

0 Kudos
Bourke646

Jump to solution

Same issue here with my brand new Roku Express. We cant seem to reach you when activating. 
Tried the factory reset 3 times and it is still the same. 

details of device below. 

s/n S01V30CDWDWW 

SKU# 3930EU

Many thanks for your help. 

0 Kudos
Steve25
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Similar problems here. My TCL Roku TV was working fine, then:

• I deleted several channels that I wasn't watching.

• Then no response with microphone/voice commands.

• Shut down and disconnected power for a few minutes. On a restart, the only channels that were working were Pandora, Amazon Music and one video channel (which all seem to be working fine).

• Called TCL customer service and after several attempts to fix was told to do a factory reset. 

After the factory reset, it will NOT recognize my email. I've tried several multiple times with additional resets and 4 different email address, multiple times — none were accepted.

TCL customer service had transferred me to Roku customer service. They said they would call back when they knew what the problem is. Was looking forward to watching Game 6 of the World Series tonight.

0 Kudos
User164

Jump to solution

I'm having the exact same problem.  I deleted some channels off my old roku and then it just completely stopped being able to connect to apps.  So i figured it died and bought a new one.  Now I can't get past the send email screen on the new one just like the old one.  It just keeps saying can't seem to reach your email.  I've tried on different tv's, I've factory reset multiple times.  How is this still a problem?

0 Kudos
User164

Jump to solution

SO after all the resets what actually finally worked was turning off the modem and router for a while.  Then it connected.  Not sure if it'll help anyone else but after all the resets and email changes i'm not sure what worked.  Good luck!  Roku in my advice to back to using codes on the website.  You broke something that didn't need fixing that works great on every other streaming service.

roku tv "cannot reach you by email"

Jump to solution

Hulu app was not working properly so i decided to factory reset my jvc roku tv.  now i cannot complete the activation.  When i enter my email, i either get a message stating "we can't seems to reach you by email" or "unable to connect to the roku service.  I tried both wireless and wired connection, same issue.  any suggestions?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Bourke646 

Thanks for the post and providing me with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Steve25
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Tkh@User164 wrote:

SO after all the resets what actually finally worked was turning off the modem and router for a while.  Then it connected.

Thank you, Thank you, THANK YOU!

Did the same and everything (including voice/microphone commands) is now working like normal.

0 Kudos