Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Charvel1975
Reel Rookie

Re: Activation problem - “we can’t seem to reach you by email”

Jump to solution

I can’t get an activation code, also I have a valid email but Roku states “we can’t seem to reach you by email.” ???

0 Kudos
thetool

Re: “We can’t seem to reach you by email”

Jump to solution

Same here! 

0 Kudos
WhatBunchaDopes
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same EXACT problem.  What a POS. 

• First time through I got a couple actual activation emails.  Started to work but device got stuck "waiting to finish process" while the browser said "You are done!".
  • Tried 'factory reset' to start over.  
  • Roku account is valid. Works with 2 other devices, always has. 
  • Tried changing emails on the actual Roku account. Didn't matter.
  • Tried changing wifi network (saw this in another thread suggestion) no difference. Wifi connection is fine/great. 
  • Device will do everything and recognize wifi as good etc. etc. just IMMEDIATELY says "we can't seem to reach you by email". clearly it isn't even trying to send the email, it pops up instantly.  
0 Kudos
WhatBunchaDopes
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same exact problem.  Did same exact steps tearing my hair out with multiple emails and wifi (SO FUN to have to painstakingly point and click wifi passwords and email addresses over and over!) 

Mikhos

Jump to solution

Same issue here with a brand new premiere. Seems widespread, but other useless things that have been posted in other threads :

Try a different wireless network

Restart the wireless router

Factory reset the roku

Try a different email

Didn't work for me but this thread has helped me understand this is probably on rokus end

lurree
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same problem

0 Kudos
WhatBunchaDopes
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@Mikhos wrote:

Same issue here with a brand new premiere. Seems widespread, but other useless things that have been posted in other threads :

Try a different wireless network

Restart the wireless router

Factory reset the roku

Try a different email

Didn't work for me but this thread has helped me understand this is probably on rokus end

Ha ha exactly - I tried ALL those things finding them elsewhere before discovering all the Premieres are refusing to activate

imacphee
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Do y’all think it’s an issue with the Roku Premiere model? I’d be willing to return this and buy a different model (which would suck) but I opened this thing less than two hours ago.

Alvin2

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue. 

0 Kudos
OahuBourne

Jump to solution

I would prefer to talk to a person about this, but the number 919-323-3030 is no longer a Roku number. It sends to this page, which is just allowing us to blow of steam. I have used two active email accounts, and still get nothing. I am doing a complete reboot. 

0 Kudos