Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Twistdcookie1
Level 7

Re: “We can’t seem to reach you by email”

Jump to solution

Here’s what I did to fix this (from another user, NOT Roku support):

Factory reset again. DO NOT set up internet, skip this until after you activate.

Enter your email, and the message should go through this time. Once you activate, go back and set up internet.

Hope this works for you like it did for me… Good Luck!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @phuketexpat,

Thanks for keeping in touch and for an update.

Have you tried performing a factory reset on your Roku device to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing?
For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

If you are still having any issues with your completing the activation process and still receiving an error message, please provide the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

We appreciate your patience with this matter!

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
EClsWife
Level 7

Jump to solution

Are you serious? We have all tried a factory reset and gave you our serial number and still absolutely nothing! This is so beyond ridiculous. If roku doesn't work just say that. 

0 Kudos
Sadcustomer
Level 7

Jump to solution

And another who cant be reached

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

We appreciate your contact, @Sadcustomer.

If you are still having any issues after following all the troubleshooting steps that are previously posted, please provide the serial number of your Roku device along with a summary of the issue including the error message and troubleshooting steps done to try to resolve the issue. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Please be aware that we are actively monitoring and investigating the discussions on this thread. Thanks again for your continued patience.

Thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Email is not going through

Jump to solution

Hi @YogiB3ar,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. I understand that you are receiving an error message "We can’t seem to reach you by email" when activating your Roku devices.

You can try performing a factory reset on your device. This will reset all settings and return your Roku device to a state ready for initial setup.
For more information on how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device ... 

Follow the steps below from your Roku device to perform a factory reset.

1. Press the Home button home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Advanced system settings.
  5. Select Factory reset.
  6. Select Factory reset everything and follow the on-screen instructions.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device. I'll be able to pass along the information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Many thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
jimg725
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hello,

My dad is having this issue right now. He has a valid email address...but now roku is throwing this error message? This does not make sense. Please help me fix this so he can watch tv again.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Twistdcookie1
Level 7

Jump to solution

Factory reset (instructions on previous posts) and SKIP THE INTERNET SETUP UNTIL AFTER ACTIVATION. Then retry the email address. It worked for me (and several previous posters to this thread). After you have activated, go back and set up internet. Why Roku hasn’t posted, published, or commented on this fix is beyond me. Good luck!

0 Kudos
Twistdcookie1
Level 7

Jump to solution

See my new post

0 Kudos
Twistdcookie1
Level 7

Jump to solution

@RokuMary-F your replies are useless to the folks here who are having problems with this error message. FACTORY RESET THEN SKIP THE INTERNET CONFIGURATION STEP!! Go back after activating and set up internet to download apps. 

Hey Roku, maybe fix this glitch if you want to take over the streaming world…

0 Kudos