Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: “We can’t seem to reach you by email”

Jump to solution

Hi @Dypherent,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Many thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
Ms_nefertarii
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I was excited to finally receive my TCL ROKU RV, but now I can’t get past the set up part. It’s not accepting any email I type in. Please help!

model:50S431

Serial:2101GTC 009673W00648

Email : [personal information removed]

0 Kudos
rocksy
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

you need to do a factory reset(hit the asterisk button factory rest there) then when it comes back up skip past putting in your internet and do the rest of the setup first then put in the internet should work then

0 Kudos
rocksy
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

you need to do a factory reset(hit the asterisk button factory rest there) then when it comes back up skip past putting in your internet and do the rest of the setup first then put in the internet should work then

0 Kudos
Dypherent
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It automatically asks me for internet as soon as I press English. I can’t go around it, and I’m using my hotspot from my phone. I just paid my bill so I know I have full data. 

0 Kudos
Dypherent
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@rocksy when I connect my hotspot the internet asks if I’m home or in a dorm or hotel I click home, I’ve tried both, but typically home, and it just goes back to the internet options it doesn’t move along. I can only go back to select a language now. Before I could get to the email part and it would say it couldn’t reach email, and once it did accept the email but we didn’t get one....... makes zero sense 

0 Kudos
Dypherent
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It still has a lock on the internet we’re trying to select, tried both hotspots. The phone says connected to something but the tv says otherwise now. I shouldn’t have played with it but none of the apps were working all of a sudden. I don’t get what happened it hasn’t even moved.. 

0 Kudos
Dypherent
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I’m currently messing with it so I’m just keeping updated. I’m at the email part now again finally it accepted the hot spot, now it’s saying can’t reach my email again. None of them. So I’m not sure what’s going on or why I can’t connect it 

0 Kudos
Ms_nefertarii
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I was excited to finally receive my TCL ROKU TV, but now I can’t get pass the set up part. It’s not accepting ANY email I type in.  IVE CALLED TCL and sis factory reset twice . The problem still is happening.

Please help!

model:50S431

Serial:2101GTC 009673W00648

Email : [personal information removed]

( update) just got off the phone with TCL customer service , he walked me through factory reset and finally gave me a ROKU customer service number to call. The number is not even working Smiley Sad

ughhhhhh-!!!’

0 Kudos
rocksy
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

if you did get through like I did they would act like it's the first time they've heard of and tell you they'll get back to you and I'm still waiting for that call that's why I tried to figure it out myself the guy I talked to barely spoke english

0 Kudos