Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MK20

Re: “We can’t seem to reach you by email”

Jump to solution

Thank you! This worked for me! 

0 Kudos
ComaCaptain
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

What did you do that worked?

0 Kudos
MK20

Jump to solution

@ComaCaptain meant to reply directly to the solution but idk how this thread works apparently haha. It’s @Bgarcias solution - do factory reset and when you set up WiFi, connect to your phone hotspot then activate Roku and switch to your regular WiFi after! Hope it works for you too! 

cjwhs

Jump to solution

Trying to set up the Roku again after a factory reset. But now am stuck on the "We can't seem to reach you by email" (didn't have this problem when we first set up this player in Oct 2021). Any way to resolve this besides simply hitting resend for the umpteenth time?

0 Kudos
cjwhs

Jump to solution

Should've done this before I posted. I used the solution @Bgarcias posted and it worked! Thanks!

todd21

Jump to solution

Hello I'm currently having this problem..

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @todd21,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

If you see 'Your account activation link expired' or 'We can't seem to reach you by Email' when trying to use the activation link, tap 'Resend' on your Roku device and another email will be sent. After a moment, look in your inbox for another message from Roku with a new activation link for you to try.

If you continue to see either message after receiving a new activation link, try activating your Roku device using a different email address.

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: How to activate or link your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support 

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team to assist you further in this problem. Please include the serial number/device ID of your Roku device.
Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Tiginbna
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So, I’ve been using this  Roku For a few months now, suddenly when I came home from business trip it has locked me out of all of my channels. And when I have reset everything it sends me the can’t send you an email message. What the **bleep** is going on? Why are these things behaving this way. This is my fifth one. I’m tired of it. I will switch in a second. No wonder your stock is tanking.

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Tiginbna Login to your account on a phone or computer.  Make sure the email you are using on your device matches the one in your account.  If the emails match I would try to setup a different email such as yourname@gmail.com   Use a simple password with no special characters.  Some have reported this solves their problem with not receiving an activation email.

0 Kudos
Lucetia82
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am getting the same message after a factory reset.

0 Kudos