Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: “We can’t seem to reach you by email”

Jump to solution

Why am I just buy a **bleep**ing Roku tv I hook it up to the WiFi and then it says enter email address so I do then it won’t **bleep**ing send me and email and it says can’t reach me. What the **bleep** I’m very upset. Roku is a dispoointment

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @Jaysporleder999

We're here to help!

Since you're getting ‘We can't seem to reach you by Email’ when trying to use the activation link, tap ‘Resend’ on your Roku TV and another email will be sent. After a moment, look in your inbox for another message from Roku with a new activation link for you to try.

If still no luck, please reply here with the serial number of your Roku TV. It consists of 12 alphanumeric characters and can be located at the back of the device itself.

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
emilybrianna90
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Try and disconnect from your internet and connect to your mobile hotspot. Check to see if it works: if it works disconnect from hotspot and reconnect to your wifi. Works for us but we are doing it a couple times a week🙄

0 Kudos
jwilly
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Tried that.  Didn't work.  Tried multiple emails...didn't work.  Tried alternate wifi...didn't work.  Tried hitting resend...didn't work.  Tried factory reset...didn't work.  Tried manual update with USB...didn't work.  Tried every suggestion I could find on Internet or from Roku's email support...nothing is working!  Can I get a Return Authorization # so I can replace it?  This is getting crazy.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@jwilly

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Since you were in recent contact with our Support team, we would recommend continuing to work with them to resolve the issue you are experiencing. They would best be able to assist you moving forward.

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
jwilly
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I will continue to work with the support team, but will also try to keep this page updated.   Too many people are having the same issue, primarily with Hisense and TCL.  I won't read through all 35+ pages to see if there are other brands, but my Onn devices (purchased at the same time) worked fine and activated without a hitch.  So far, the support team has no been much help.  They say there is an update that fixes the problem and that I should try again.  I've done that and it still doesn't work.  There's got to be a solution to this problem.  

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: My roku keeps saying “We can’t seem to reach you by email please try again”

Jump to solution

Hello @bobgresh

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Please reply here with the serial number/device ID of your Roku player/TV. It consists of 12 alphanumeric characters and can be located at the back of the device itself.

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our Support team for further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Jcalpeba

Re: Activation problem - “we can’t seem to reach you by email”

Jump to solution

Same problem with my new Roku TV.  I reset it, connect and disconnect, and still in the Same situation

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @Jcalpeba

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Please reply here with the serial number/device ID of your Roku TV. It consists of 12 alphanumeric characters and can be located at the back of the device itself.

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our support team for further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Just purchased a TCL Roku TV and am having the same issues. Factory reset did nothing. Serial number is too small to read, even with a magnifier (I think it’s 2105GTC010360I01065). TCL customer service closed. This is BS. $1800 for a TV I can’t use.  Will be going back.

0 Kudos