Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cbeck27
Reel Rookie

Re: “We can’t seem to reach you by email”

Jump to solution

It's been over a month of me dealing with this message and still nothing has changed or been fixed. I used multiple different emails, same message. New wifi, same message. Multiple factory resets and you guessed it, the same message. Every time I call customer support I get told to do all these exact same things I just mentioned and what do ya know still doesn't work... And then all they say is sorry good luck with that, we'll investigate and send you an email. This TV isn't even a year old been over a month and called yesterday still no results. I'm pissed to say the least. It wasn't some cheap purchase and all it's good for is hanging on my wall without being used because you literally can't do anything with it without the code to link it to the Roku account. 

0 Kudos
Cbeck27
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm so happy I'm not the only one who struggled with the customer service they seriously could of cared less. 

0 Kudos
dalb3
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Have you tried using it with a gmail account? My outlook.com account didn't receive the emails, but my gmail did. Also you can still use the HDMIs/other inputs, just do a factory reset and when you go to connect to the internet/activate select "do this later".

0 Kudos
Cbeck27
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have gmail and it doesn't work so I'm going to try a whole new domain next and I'll let you know if it works. Thank you for the tip fingers crossed 🤞

0 Kudos
dalb3
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Good luck! You can test if it will work before changing your primary email on the roku site. Once you get the email on that domain, THEN change your email on the roku site, and resend a new verification link via your device.

Bnecole

Re: Activation problem - “we can’t seem to reach you by email”

Jump to solution

I can’t activate my tv because it won’t send me an email. It keeps saying we can’t seem to reach you by email. I’m so frustrated all I want to do is watch tv 

0 Kudos
dalb3
Binge Watcher

Re: Activation problem - “we can’t seem to reach you by email”

Jump to solution

Try a different email domain, like if you used outlook.com email, try gmail.com email or something else. (That's what happened to me)

Check that email to see if you got it, but don't click on the activation link.

If you got it, then login here with your normal email address.

On the Roku site, login with your existing email address/account, goto My Account -> Account Information -> Update

Change your existing Roku account's email address to the email address that could receive the email.

When it asks you if you want to log out of all devices click NO. You will then get an email confirming it's been changed to the new email.

Once you received this email on your "new" email, goto your tv and input the "new" email address. You will immediately get the activation email. Once you have successfully added the roku to your account, and you verify everything is working, you can then go back to my account->account info->update and change your email BACK to your primary email (if you so desire).

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Store mode wirked for me as well

Cbeck27
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'll give store mode a try next because trying a new email domain did not work unfortunately....

0 Kudos
Rada

Jump to solution

Have same issue, not able to send email and activation blocked. Roku is not working

0 Kudos