Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: “We can’t seem to reach you by email”

Jump to solution

We appreciate your contact, @Sadcustomer.

If you are still having any issues after following all the troubleshooting steps that are previously posted, please provide the serial number of your Roku device along with a summary of the issue including the error message and troubleshooting steps done to try to resolve the issue. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Please be aware that we are actively monitoring and investigating the discussions on this thread. Thanks again for your continued patience.

Thanks,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Email is not going through

Jump to solution

Hi @YogiB3ar,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. I understand that you are receiving an error message "We can’t seem to reach you by email" when activating your Roku devices.

You can try performing a factory reset on your device. This will reset all settings and return your Roku device to a state ready for initial setup.
For more information on how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device ... 

Follow the steps below from your Roku device to perform a factory reset.

1. Press the Home button home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Advanced system settings.
  5. Select Factory reset.
  6. Select Factory reset everything and follow the on-screen instructions.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device. I'll be able to pass along the information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Many thanks,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jimg725

Jump to solution

Hello,

My dad is having this issue right now. He has a valid email address...but now roku is throwing this error message? This does not make sense. Please help me fix this so he can watch tv again.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Twistdcookie1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Factory reset (instructions on previous posts) and SKIP THE INTERNET SETUP UNTIL AFTER ACTIVATION. Then retry the email address. It worked for me (and several previous posters to this thread). After you have activated, go back and set up internet. Why Roku hasn’t posted, published, or commented on this fix is beyond me. Good luck!

0 Kudos
Twistdcookie1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

See my new post

0 Kudos
Twistdcookie1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuMary-F your replies are useless to the folks here who are having problems with this error message. FACTORY RESET THEN SKIP THE INTERNET CONFIGURATION STEP!! Go back after activating and set up internet to download apps. 

Hey Roku, maybe fix this glitch if you want to take over the streaming world…

0 Kudos
ninjaertle
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This seems to still be an issue since the resolution was 2 months ago.  Issue still alive and well.

0 Kudos
oldwhitelodge
Reel Rookie

Major fault for new users: "We cannot seem to reach you by email"

Jump to solution

Please add me to the list of completely disgruntled potential users. I've scanned the internet and chat rooms for a workable solution to no avail. I was a VP of Microsoft and have been an angel investor in software and hardware startups for 20 years so I do claim to know what I'm talking about.

I am shocked about this issue when I see that I am far from alone and Roku seem to be doing nothing to solve it for a number of months. Things are pretty bad when there is not a viable solution to be found on Roku's support site or community chat room thus abandoning its new users who are unable to authenticate.

Do I really need to explain the problem which is the same as everyone else concerned with the Roku Premier?

I connect to the Wi-Fi OK; which is perfectly good and works with umpteen other IOT and video devices in my home.

I send an email to my email system (which we run) and nothing arrives. I've tried THREE email addresses including my GMAIL account with no success. I will use no more! Roku times out with the classic message - "We can't seem to receive you by email." I know **bleep** well that everything in my Internet/Wi-Fi world is working just fine and I don't need Roku support suggesting to apply a hard reset etc. as the answer.

I have a piece of useless junk just sitting on my table and all I want to know is when Roku is going to tell us when this issue has been resolved. If not, maybe they should follow the lead adopted by Logitech with their Harmony universal remote and abandon the market.

This is a high-volume consumer device and it should work perfectly. I don't see such issues from its competitors like Amazon Firetvstick.

Please Roku - be a professional consumer provider and tell us when you have sorted out your system problems that will allow us to activate our new Roku devices. In 2021 this is hardly rocket science now, is it? Once a brand is damaged it can never be recovered.

Perhaps users should take to other social media platforms to explain Roku's issue and its ramifications for users to provide pressure on the company?

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Twistdcookie1 @ninjaertle,

We appreciate your post.

If you are still having any activation issues after following the provided troubleshooting steps, please provide the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
EClsWife
Channel Surfer

Re: Major fault for new users: "We cannot seem to reach you by email"

Jump to solution

I went ahead and switched to firestick and have been telling everyone that I can not to get Roku it's absolutely useless! Customer service does absolutely nothing but tell you the same thing over and over and ask for your serial number again and again just to do nothing! 

0 Kudos