Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rocksy
Binge Watcher

Re: “We can’t seem to reach you by email”

Jump to solution

first a factory reset you can do that with the asterisk button when it comes back up it will ask for your internet click on do it later set up all the other stuff then put in your internet hopefully it will work and the service reps never did contact me about it I had to figure it out on my own

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. I understand that you are receiving an error message "We can’t seem to reach you by email" when activating your Roku devices.

You can try performing a factory reset on your device. This will reset all settings and return your Roku device to a state ready for initial setup.
For more information on how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device ... 

Follow the steps below from your Roku device to perform a factory reset.

1. Press the Home button home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Advanced system settings.
  5. Select Factory reset.
  6. Select Factory reset everything and follow the on-screen instructions.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device. I'll be able to pass along the information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

I hope this helps! I'll be here if you need anything else.

Many thanks,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CJBenn

Jump to solution

Hello from the 20th of May 2021 and I am having this exact same issue. 

I am not even getting any emails sent to me all I get is a "We can't seem to reach you by Email" error, try clicking or tapping "Resend"  or "Edit this email address"

When I tap resend, nothing happens!

I have tried a different email, still nothing!

Super Frustrating!!!!!

0 Kudos
CJBenn

Jump to solution

Hello from the 20th of May 2021 and I am having this exact same issue with my Roku Smart TV 

I am not even getting any emails sent to me, all I get is a "We can't seem to reach you by Email" error, "please try again" then it asks me to "Resend"  or "Edit this email address"

When I tap resend, nothing happens!

I have tried a different email, still nothing!

I cannot even go out from the error page, pretty much stuck and when I unplug and reconnect the TV, it tells me to enter email to activate and then I do, and then the cycle continues! 

Super Frustrating!!!!!

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @CJBenn,

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear about the experience related to activating your Roku device that's not what we aim for.

Could you please provide the serial number/device ID found on your Roku device? 

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there!

Regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tonio3

Jump to solution

Roku is still down why is that 

0 Kudos
Dypherent
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My roku said I had connection but the apps stopped working. So I did a network reset, then a factory reset, and now I can’t even reactivate my device on my tv because it says it can’t reach me by email. Wtf is going on with roku why isn’t there something we can call???? @RokuDanny-R 

Dypherent
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuMary-F can you help me out over here? Give me a call [personal information removed] I need to get this roku fixed 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community.

We sincerely appreciate your patience and we are working on ways to better improve this process.

If you are still having any issues with activating your Roku device, kindly provide the serial number/device id found in your Roku device so we can assist further.

Please let us know and we'll continue assisting you from there!

Kind regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dypherent
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
JF50C2941854 
Or JF5OC2941854 idk if that’s a 0 or an O

I tried other emails and none can be accepted so I’m not sure what to do at this point. It won’t activate with anything 
0 Kudos