Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mmacburt1

Re: Activation problem - “we can’t seem to reach you by email”

Jump to solution

We have the same problem I just got my TCL rocky at home. That software update must have introduced it. What is the eta to getting this addressed?

0 Kudos
mnilles07
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

wish we knew! 

0 Kudos
Croce504
Reel Rookie

Re: “We can’t seem to reach you by email”

Jump to solution

I can’t activate my roku tv- can’t reach you by email!!! 
please help

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

If you received emails with an activation link then got the "We can't seem to reach you by Email" error, try clicking or tapping "Resend" in the email message you received from Roku and another email will be sent. After a moment, look in your inbox for another message from Roku with a new activation link for you to try. The activation link expires after 15 to 20 minutes.

If you continue to see the error message after receiving a new activation link, try activating your Roku device using a different email address. For more information, you can refer to this link: How do I resolve an issue when activating or linking my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mnilles07
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Still not resolved ... 

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

For us to isolate the problem, could you tell us when you are receiving the error? Have you received an activation link or you are seeing the error message on your TV screen?

We also suggest trying to activate your Roku device or TV again to see if the issue persists.

In addition, if you are getting emails with an activation link then got the "We can't seem to reach you by Email" error, try clicking or tapping "Resend" in the email message you received from Roku and another email will be sent. After a moment, look in your inbox for another message from Roku with a new activation link for you to try. The activation link expires after 15 to 20 minutes.

If you continue to see the error message after receiving a new activation link, try activating your Roku device using a different email address.

For more information, you can refer to this link: How do I resolve an issue when activating or linking my Roku® streaming device?

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,

Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
mnilles07
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

HELLO. 

The error message comes up after I am prompted to enter my email to start the activation process. 

I physically cannot start the activation process “again”; I have unplugged my Roku TV multiple times per day to attempt this to no avail. It stays at the exact same place. It’s essentially frozen here. 

I have hit the “resend” button probably 100 times. I’ve tried multiple emails. I have never, not once, gotten an activation email. 

It’s been a week++ with this issue with a brand new tv and those are honestly the best suggestions for me?

KEEP TRYING. ASAP. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue after following the steps provided by @RokuKariza-Dplease provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device. I'll be able to pass along the information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mnilles07
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Serial No. 2012GTC009138A00546

Model No. 50S435

Manufactured December 2020

0 Kudos
Rita79
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This doesn't appear to be resolved, I am having the same issue with the TV I just bought.

0 Kudos