Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: “We can’t seem to reach you by email”

Jump to solution

To all - I just ran into this myself in attempting to link a device.  After a little searching I found that the activation system is down at the moment.  There currently is a service announcement on support.roku.com:

Service interruption - activation issues

Thursday April 15, 2021

We are experiencing a surge in activations, which is causing a disruption. If you’re trying to activate your device, please try again later. Our priority is to get this resolved as soon as possible, and we ask that bear with us as we manage these issues. We sincerely appreciate your patience.

Last updated on 4/15/2021, 8:19:36 PM
(The timestamp appears to be adjusted for my time zone)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Ibb4ever
Reel Rookie

Re: Activation problem - “we can’t seem to reach you by email”

Jump to solution

Mine finally went through after 2 hours!

Oshlivia
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine worked as of 10 minutes ago!

imacphee
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I was able to finally get into mine, hopefully it was just a glitch and everyone else could too!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that there was an issue preventing new activations that has been resolved. We would recommend trying to activate your Roku device again to see if you are still experiencing an issue.
Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NancyB1

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem right now and have been trying for over an hour and keep getting the same thing.  I have a new Roku Stick+ and have used Roku for years but my old Roku was not working well recently and I bought the Stick.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that there was an issue preventing new activations that has been resolved. We would recommend trying to activate your Roku device again to see if you are still experiencing an issue.
Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Yoda69
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you.we got the tv going. Thanks for all the ppl who helped look into this issue and let me kno it wasn't ME! LOL! 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @NancyB1,

Thanks for your patience regarding this activation issue that you are experiencing, I will do my best to assist you.

Have you tried clearing your cookies or cache or reloading the web browser or use a different one to access http://my.roku.com? Do you have a computer you can access the website with?
I've provided a link below to go into further detail on how to resolve player activation issue: How do I resolve an issue when activating or ... - Roku

Keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there if needed.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
EmmaGeo

My roku keeps saying “We can’t seem to reach you by email please try again”

Jump to solution

My roku keeps saying “We can’t seem to reach you by email please try again” even after I keep pressing resend email.. please help I even tried sending it to my Fiancé’s email but it still keeps saying the same thing.

0 Kudos