Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GoddardTheITGuy
Reel Rookie

Re: “We can’t seem to reach you by email”

Jump to solution

I am having the same email error with my Roku express, however there is no pull down menu for the email domains.

This device has been working for months, then rebooted itself today and came up with this setup dialog.  Very frustrating behavior.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: My roku keeps saying “We can’t seem to reach you by email please try again”

Jump to solution

Hi @Gus0268

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Since you're getting ‘We can't seem to reach you by Email’ when trying to use the activation link, tap ‘Resend’ on your Roku device and another email will be sent. After a moment, look in your inbox for another message from Roku with a new activation link for you to try.

If still no luck, please reply here with the serial number/device ID of your Roku TV. It consists of 12 alphanumeric characters and can be located at the back of the device itself.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
emakarios
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having this problem, spent a few hours with tech support and they could not resolve it I returned the streaming stick + to Roku and just received a replacement.  exact same problem, have been thru every step multiple times, including factory reset. SN 223175259372. model 3810X.  I have a Roku account that works fine with a different roku device and tv.  help!

0 Kudos
GoddardTheITGuy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It has now been a full week and I am still experiencing this issue.  I have done a factory reset once a day, and have tried the few other suggestions from this thread with no luck.  

Like others on this thread, I have multiple Roku devices which work fine.  Just this one has this issue.

The SN# for the affected device is S009203RWR61.  Would some one reach out to me with a solution?  I would have already returned it under warranty if it weren't for the one post on this thread saying the replacement unit didn't work as well.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Can’t find my email for some reason.

model number is LC-50LBU591U rev B

serial# 50G1727B8H01201

please help!

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@emakarios @GoddardTheITGuy @JeremyG1978

I apologize for the delay in response.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
joep581

we cant seem to reach you by email mesage

Jump to solution

I keep getting the same  we cant seem to reach you by email message.  I have changed email address and did the reset many times. I get an email and go through the steps but never get a link code. s number x01600mdxpdt   please help

0 Kudos
Lu6

Re: we cant seem to reach you by email mesage

Jump to solution

I have the same problem with my TCL Roku 4K HDR TV. At this point it will only run Roku house ads, and Youtube.

Prime won’t launch.

Netflix won’t launch.

Spotify won’t launch.

I try to remove these apps, but the TV mistakenly says “Not connected to the internet” which is not true since I can see Roku house ads and Youtube just fine. (This is as frustrating as when my Mediacom cable internety used to go down and when I called, the IVR support advised me to log onto the support website…)

Yes I hit the nuke button and I did a factory reset, but upon setup (drum roll) I find myself caught in the “activate your tv via email” infinite recursion loop toilet bowl death spiral.

Tangent rant. Why can’t you just make the software work, and have working software be the solution and prevent these problems in the first place? I used to rave about Rokus but the now I have 3 Roku devices which aren’t working for at least 3 reasons, including this email send issue. 

So far every solution I’ve seen here has 2 things in common: 1) it is some version of “Try turning it off and on again,” and 2) it doesn’t work. 

Do I give up on Roku and just go with Apple TV?

bozoboy

Re: No Email for Device Activation

Jump to solution

I am trying to activate a Roku Premier. I have 3 other Roku devices that I st up that are working fine. After I enter my email address 

in the activation steps, it displays "we are unable to reach you by email". I ahve verified the email address I entered and have also tried an alternate email address I get the same results each time. 

0 Kudos
PCausgrove

Jump to solution

Same issue.  You can’t reboot either as they suggest because home button does nothing.    Light it today and returning tomorrow 

0 Kudos