Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lucetia82
Reel Rookie

Re: “We can’t seem to reach you by email”

Jump to solution

This worked for me.  Both tvs are back running now.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Brandonwc5

Jump to solution

This can't be done during setup because the TV has no options or home screen.  You must enter an email for the activation link.  No other options exist.

0 Kudos
Ekleintop
Reel Rookie

Re: 'We can’t seem to reach you by email' message

Jump to solution

Anybody know how to fix this issue..TVs we’re working fine and are now bricked.  Support is completely worthless. 

0 Kudos
velazjuan
Reel Rookie

Re: 'We can’t seem to reach you by email' message

Jump to solution

Again I have the dame message 'We can’t seem to reach you by email' in my Roku Premiere 

0 Kudos
velazjuan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I try many things and it doesn't work.

Please Roku support tell me what to do

0 Kudos
Ekleintop
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I had this issue about a month ago at my remote cottage when my Rokus suddenly stopped working and I factory reset them trying to fix.  I finally called my Internet provider as Roku was no help.  They were familiar with the issue as many customers reported the same problem.  Turns out an update pushed from Roku broke Internet connectivity for devices connected to some regional Internet Service Providers (ISP), like mine here on Virginia's Eastern Shore.  My ISP had already worked with Roku on a fix.  I provided my Roku device IDs to my ISP, they sent them to Roku, and a day later I did a software update to get the fixed update.  The "catch" was I had to transport my devices and connect them to another ISP not affected by the original update.  In my case I took them to Norfolk and connected them to my Cox network at home.  You may be able to achieve the same result if you have a mobile hotspot on your phone and connect the Roku to that network.  Then try to register and do an update.  I was unable to use the mobile hotspot method as I have no phone service at my cottage location.

Best of luck,

Eric

0 Kudos
velazjuan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks Im gonna try

0 Kudos
2HoursDown

Jump to solution

2 hours down the drain... It is so absurd that this is actually what is happening and this was the fix.

First time with a Roku. 

Hope the following experience make up for this.

Just frustrating. Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @2HoursDown,

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for the post.

If you see 'Your account activation link expired' or 'We can't seem to reach you by Email' when trying to use the activation link, tap 'Resend' on your Roku device and another email will be sent. After a moment, look in your inbox for another message from Roku with a new activation link for you to try.

If you continue to see either message after receiving a new activation link, try activating your Roku device using a different email address.

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: How to activate or link your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
prism

Jump to solution

The solution to this problem -- as discovered on Reddit and verified by my personal experience -- is to capitalize the first letter of your email address. Yes, read that and weep folks. I've wasted two plus hours troubleshooting this. Roku support was useless. A search in Roku support for “We can’t seem to reach you by email” returns nothing. When I tried to get to chat support, I was prompted to add my new TCL TV's serial number and -- surprise surprise -- Roku support did not recognize the TV and so I could not access that support. All in all extraordinarily POOR performance by Roku. Shockingly BAD, especially considering that this has been a known issue for months if not for over a year.

0 Kudos