Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bgarcias

Re: “We can’t seem to reach you by email”

Jump to solution

The problem is that almost all internet providers are blocking smtp and that’s why tv cant send email.

i was in the same problema, shared internet with my cellphone hotspot (sharing 4G data only to activate) and did the activation in minutes!! Try it and see if this helps. Then after activation switch your internet to home wifi.

merry Xmas 

Tags (1)
Capital_J

Jump to solution

@Bgarcias After 48hrs of total frustration I finally came across your solution that actually works. Thank you for taking up the slack for ROKU customer service and support. They're absolutely useless!

terrim4242

Jump to solution

I'm setting up a new Roku TV. Tired multiple valid email addresses. Always with the same message: "We cant seem to reach you by email". We cannot got back to the home screen either. Help! 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@terrim4241

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried the troubleshooting step that @Bgarcias recommended? We would suggest seeing if that helps resolve the issue you are experiecing.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I cannot activate my Hisense Roku tv. I enter my email to activate and it immediately gives me the “we can’t seem to reach you by email message”. The tv is connected to the internet. I’ve reset all routers, factory reset tv and am at a loss. Please help

0 Kudos
Lar3

Jump to solution

I can’t link my device. I go through The Who process, and it just keeps saying we can’t reach you by email. You’ve emailed me the link already. This is on you. I’m about to return this Roku. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Beantown1970 @Lar3,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We sincerely appreciate your patience and we are working on ways to better improve this process.

If you see 'Your account activation link expired' or 'We can't seem to reach you by Email' when trying to use the activation link, tap 'Resend' on your Roku device and another email will be sent. After a moment, look in your inbox for another message from Roku with a new activation link for you to try.

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: How to activate or link your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support 

If you are still having any issues with activating your Roku device after following these steps, please provide the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am having this problem, went thru ALL of the “ fixes” and no go. Thus is an Express 4k+. Serial number is :

SOAH219LD6NU. 

Please respond. This is my last attempt before returning the unit. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Rustynumber1,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We sincerely appreciate your patience and we are working on ways to better improve this process.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.
If you need any additional help and we’ll follow up to continue assisting you.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ComaCaptain
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The serial number of my device is c443850710717. I have repeatedly tried factory reset and still get we can't seem to reach you by email everytime. Please help me. I can't complete the setup process without the activation link 

0 Kudos