Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: “We can’t seem to reach you by email”

Jump to solution

Hi @Caileen7,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

If you see ‘Your account activation link expired’ or We can't seem to reach you by Email’ when trying to use the activation link, tap ‘Resend’ on your Roku device and another email will be sent. After a moment, look in your inbox for another message from Roku with a new activation link for you to try.

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: How do I activate or link my Roku® streaming device? | Official Roku Support 

If you are still having any issues after following these steps, please provide the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Regards,
Mary

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Squawk1200
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Count me in on this issue. 

Model: 3810X

S/N: 223141557927

0 Kudos
Squawk1200
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuMary-F --

You may want to have your engineers look into whatever application or service that sends out these emails. I noticed while doing some testing that your mail server "seems" to not support MTA-STS. Maybe a config issue, maybe a certificate issue...??? When receiving email on servers that require MTA-STS I do not get the activation email. If I use a server that does not require MTA-STS, then I receive the activation email... This may explain the random nature of some folks not seeing any issues while others, like me, experience the “We can’t seem to reach you by email”... 

Is this the final answer to this problem? Only Roku can answer. I'm only reporting the experience I had while testing out a few personal theories attempting to get my own Roku device activated. Which is now activated using an email address that does not require MTA-STS... 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Squawk1200,

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear about the troubles with the activation process that's not what we aim for.

Just to confirm, are you still unable to complete the activation process? 

We sincerely appreciate your patience and we are working on ways to better improve this process.

Keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there if needed.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
JamHoo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did see one other person mention this, but using the factory reset button on the TV did not work. After I entered my email and got the error, I hit the * and the menu came up to allow me to factory reset. From there, I was able to start the setup over and bypass the internet setup and activation. 

After doing the above, I was finally able to get my TLC Roku TV to connect after opening the Roku App on my phone, going to devices, and letting it search for and connect the TV. After that, when I entered my email it finally sent the message and allowed me to finish the activation. 

I believe these two things combined helped resolve my issue. Hope it helps the rest of you!

0 Kudos
Squawk1200
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuMary-F wrote:

Hi @Squawk1200,

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear about the troubles with the activation process that's not what we aim for.

Just to confirm, are you still unable to complete the activation process? 

We sincerely appreciate your patience and we are working on ways to better improve this process.

Keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there if needed.

Regards,
Mary

Hi @RokuMary-F --

I'm good! Activation process worked when I changed email servers... Might be a clue to what's going on, may not... Good luck in the quest to run this issue down!

0 Kudos
LarryH
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same problem here.  Looks like this has been occurring regularly since April of this year.  I have re-entered my e-mail 6 times and BTW it is a working email.  I have done a factory reset x 2 with the same message.  I just purchased 2 of these devices from Roku and received today, have had an existing account for years.  Need help with this issue.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Shianemena

Jump to solution

I’m having this same issue and not able to resolve. I’ve even done a factory reset on my tv. Just picked it up today.

0 Kudos
LarryH
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Finally got both of my devices activated.  Just had to keep trying. 

0 Kudos
PegD1964
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having this issue with a new TCL 4K Roku TV and am hoping I don’t have to return the tv! I tried several times, did the thirty second reset button on back of tv( I can’t access the Home Screen) I have a current account with three streaming sticks, never had any activation issues. 
many help appreciated!😥

0 Kudos