Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
airstream74
Level 7

Watching Roku Channel, Netflix, etc at different ip address

Hello, I have a Roku Express device on my tv at my home.  I also have a roku streaming stick (not sure of model) that plugs directly into the back of a different tv at a camper that I stay at on the weekends at a local lake.  I have a Roku channel subscription to watch HBO that I set up on the roku express at home last week.  My question is... can I log into my roku channel account at the lake location and different ip address and be able to watch HBO via the roku subscription on the tv and streaming stick I have at the camper?  Or do I have to have a second account and monthly subscription fee for the lake too?  I know I can watch my Netflix account from up to 3 different ip addresses, but wasn't sure how many you can stream on one account with roku channel?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
jeffrok
Level 12

Re: Watching Roku Channel, Netflix, etc at different ip address

Is it HBO GO or HBO NOW? I believe HBO NOW accounts can be used anywhere as long as you're in a supported country. HBO Go might have geographic restrictions.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
trekkeriii
Level 10

Re: Watching Roku Channel, Netflix, etc at different ip address

"jeffrok" wrote:
Is it HBO GO or HBO NOW? I believe HBO NOW accounts can be used anywhere as long as you're in a supported country. HBO Go might have geographic restrictions.

Neither have issues. Roku Channel actually has separate HBO access than HBO NOW and Go as well. The Roku Channel access to HBO is tied directly to the Roku account. As long as the local lake is not across Country boards (like Canada), should be fine.
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert
0 Kudos