Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Greengiraffe
Level 7

Watch dvd

Jump to solution
So. Bought hisense Roku tv. Bought Phillips dvd / blu ray player.

Everything seems to work... Roku finds WiFi, DVD player turns on, Remote appears to work..,

Except when I select my DVD player which is in hdmi 2

It looks like it will bring it up, but stalls at select your language. I cannot get past that...

I tried pairing the remote but I must be dumb. I cannot find any button at all inside remote battery compartment.

I don’t know what to do ack!
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Level 17

Re: Watch dvd

Jump to solution

@Greengiraffe wrote:

Everything seems to work... Roku finds WiFi, DVD player turns on, Remote appears to work..,

It looks like it will bring it up, but stalls at select your language. I cannot get past that...

I tried pairing the remote but I must be dumb. I cannot find any button at all inside remote battery compartment.

You can't find a pairing button because the remote is most likely IR only, which doesn't require pairing. It only controls the TV.

That is the DVD asking for a selection, not the Roku. You have to use the DVD remote. The TV's remote will not control the DVD player. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
atc98092
Level 17

Jump to solution

@Greengiraffe wrote:

You can't find a pairing button because the remote is most likely IR only, which doesn't require pairing. It only controls the TV.

That is the DVD asking for a selection, not the Roku. You have to use the DVD remote. The TV's remote will not control the DVD player. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Greengiraffe
Level 7

Jump to solution
Doh!! I feel dumb. Well I had tried using dvd remote and it didn’t do anything.

So now I tried again but made sure I was right next to the thing so no doubts About aim...

Bullseye! Thanks a ton for answering the dumb question!