Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Quick3000

Warranty Support Exchange, replacement, and or refund.

Attempting to go through roku support for a warranty exchange or replacement or refund for recently purchased device but roku does NOT recognize S/N number.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Warranty Support Exchange, replacement, and or refund.

Use the serial number that shows up under Settings->System->About or that shows under your linked devices at https://my.roku.com .  Why they're different than the one printed on the device only Roku knows.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
CuMiNgD
Reel Rookie

So I made a purchase at Target. Target does not honor the Riku warranty. This device has never worked so it has never been linked. All I want to do is exchange it! Why would company make it so **bleep** hard to find the proper link. So I get nevermind. Plesae give me a direct link to enter. My SN and start the incredibly diffucult task.

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @CuMiNgD

We're here to help. 

Could you tell us first specifically about the issue you're experiencing? Please also reply here with the serial number of your Roku player. It can be found on the box or at the back of the device itself.

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Manufacturer warranties and retail store exchange periods are entirely separate things. The Target website says they will exchange electronic and entertainment products returned within 30 days.

0 Kudos
CuMiNgD
Reel Rookie

I did not know as I didn't research further than my mother's word. Thanks for letting me know. However, she gave it to me because I work with electronics. I have and really like Roku. She could never get this unit to power on, nor could I. Don't worry, I would not open or work on your product and try to return it after. It is still a brand-new unit in an open box. It has never completed a cycle power up. She purchased it 6 months ago and asked me to see if I could do something with it as Target, understandable, would not swap. All I would like to do is swap it please. Thanks for the timely response!! it means a lot. Charles H. 

0 Kudos
CuMiNgD
Reel Rookie

Hi Kariza, I explained most in the following reply as I opened it first. but to make that response short and sweet. My mother purchased the unit six months ago from Target. She gave it to me to see what I could do with it. I do minor electronic, well not exactly minor.. Anyway my first action is to hook it up and see if she did anything wrong. she did not i hooked it to the wall, three separate t.v.'s, And i swapped out all parts from the other working roku device here. My second course is to find the warranty before i open and try to fix it. i saw that we are only six months into manufactory warranty so here we are. the serial number is :well model #: 3930X SN: S008209F7NTM

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@CuMiNgD

Thanks for the follow up and providing us with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Steve2059

I purchased a $19 special offer from roku. I own 5 devices now and this one isn’t like any other. No volume and no power switch. I feel like I was scammed. Would like to exchange it for an upgrade but can’t get any support options and no customer service phone number. Sorry I went with roku. Should have gotten the xfinity streaming device. At least you can contact them!!

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Here's Roku's page for comparing models:

https://www.roku.com/products/compare

You would obviously prefer one that includes "with TV controls" under the "Remote" category.  I don't use those, myself, so I am satisfied with their cheapest model.  To each his own, your mileage my vary, etc. But the fact that they sell cheap, very cheap, and extremely cheap models is not a scam - just options.  People who just want to dabble in some streaming are probably especially attracted to the "extremely cheap".

0 Kudos