Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Want to Setup Two Roku Devices with Different Channel Tiles

Jump to solution

We have two Roku devices for our home and want to have different channel tiles appear on each one. However, when we add or remove channel tiles from one device the same channel tiles are added or removed on the other.

We don't want to create a separate Roku account for each device. Is there a way to unsync the Channel Tiles that appear on multiple Roku devices under the same account?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Want to Setup Two Roku Devices with Different Channel Tiles

Jump to solution

Nope.  Separate accounts is the only option.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Nope.  Separate accounts is the only option.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

We figured as much. Thanks for your response. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I only want certain channels on 1 Roku but it connects both of them.

Jump to solution

I have 2 rokus. One in the living room and one in my son's room. I only want certain channels in the bedroom and when I deleted them it deleted them from the living room. How do I make that not do that?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: I only want certain channels on 1 Roku but it connects both of them.

Jump to solution

We had to create two separate Roku accounts in order to have different channels in different rooms; otherwise the channels automatically sync across all of the locations. 

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@As2793 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you want different channels on different devices without having to delete the channels, we would recommend creating a separate account for each of the devices.

For more information about creating a separate account, visit our Support page here: Do I need a separate Roku account for each of my Roku® streaming devices?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Seems like it would be far more family friendly to add the use of profiles under one account....