Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vizio tv and Roku smart sound bar

Set up my sound bar…..thought this would be a bypass to have to cast most apps to my vizio tv. The Roku remote will turn off and on the tv and adjust sound but will not allow me to choose apps. Service from Roku extremely poor…thinking I’m going to return this….

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Vizio tv and Roku smart sound bar

Your vizio tv maybe a smart tv, but the roku soundbar is too, it only controls apps on the roku soundbar home page, you need to have it set to the hdmi input the roku soundbar is connected to, then use roku soundbar remote to control the apps. If you have it connected to the right hdmi the one marked arc, you can then hear audio from other devices connected to your tv through the roku soundbar. 

If you want to use the roku soundbar for better sound only, stop using its remote, use the Vizio remote and then you'll have control of the  smart apps built-in to the vizo tv. But with better sound. You'll have to pick. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos