Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tomgpjr
Reel Rookie

I have an older model 3700x and waned to find out how to use an old vhs DVR player on it . It doesn't seem to be playing when I turn it on. Other than the connection is there anything the tv needs to be on? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Vcr/dvr

Jump to solution

The Roku and the VCR are completely separate and connect to different inputs on your TV.  They really have nothing to do with each other.  Try changing your TV's source or input until the VCR shows up.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim

Re: Vcr/dvr

Jump to solution

The Roku and the VCR are completely separate and connect to different inputs on your TV.  They really have nothing to do with each other.  Try changing your TV's source or input until the VCR shows up.

0 Kudos
jfbryan

Hook up DVR to Roku TV. Hooked up with Coxial cable from VCR to TV. VCR will run but will not show o

Jump to solution

Hooked my VCR up direct to TV via Coxial Cable. When I click on VCR nothing happens. On old TV hooked up red, white and Yellow. There is no place for RED, White, and Yellow to hook intoTV.

0 Kudos
renojim

Re: Hook up DVR to Roku TV. Hooked up with Coxial cable from VCR to TV. VCR will run but will not sh

Jump to solution

What do you mean by "click on VCR"?  If you connected it via coax cable you have to set your TV's channel to 3 or 4.  You may have rescan your channels if you didn't add them when you first set up the TV.

0 Kudos