Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Using Roku outside the United States

Jump to solution

@Dive-Barb 

Any time you are outside the US, you will have geolocation issues. Discussion of a VPN to deal with that is not allowed by Community Guidelines.

What may be allowed would be a setup where you can access your content from the Internet to a home server. I know I can connect to my personal Plex server for my personal library of content, but uncertain what would need to be done to view live content.

I'm a streamer. I don't satellite. I don't cable. I cannot offer suggestions on how to integrate those into a local home server. But others might.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
BillBrehm
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm not Bob either. (Sorry DBDukes, just a joke.)

Unfortunately, no, I did not come up with a solution. I was going to make some suggestions until it was pointed out that that is against community guidelines.

0 Kudos
Vakko
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@BillBrehm This is not a Roku issue. Nothing to suggest. Your trying to use services that are not supported outside the US. End of story. And your suggestion is actually a violation of the terms of agreement with those companies. DirecTV, DirecTV Stream and Xfinity are for US customers only. 

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@BillBrehm wrote:

I'm not Bob either ...

Heh. You ought to hear what I get called!

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
BillBrehm
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

"your suggestion is actually a violation of the terms"...

What suggestion was that? All I said was:

"I was going to make some suggestions until it was pointed out that that is against community guidelines."

No suggestion is present.

Vakko
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@BillBrehm you mentioned something. You know what it is. Don’t deny it 

0 Kudos
BillBrehm
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Please reread paying special attention to who posted what. If you still think I suggested something, please enlighten me.

I didn't actually deny anything. I simple asked what suggestion I made.

I never mention "DirecTV, DirecTV Stream and Xfinity" (until just now). So again, look at who posted what before you make accusations.

Vakko
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@BillBrehm  You are correct. I apologize. The issue is with @Dive-Barb 

0 Kudos
BillBrehm
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Apology accepted.

Dive-Barb
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

There is no issue with me. I innocently asked if a set up was theoretically possible without knowing it was in some violation of rules. As I use ROKU in the US, this was the place I started. If it’s an issue with the rules here I will drop the topic here. I will say this. I was able to stream The British Open yesterday in Manila without involving ROKU. When I’m back here again in January I’ll find a way to stream NFL one way or another.  

0 Kudos