Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Using Roku outside the United States

Hi everyone!

My dad purchased a Roku and brought it back here to the Philippines. I have set it all up but it seems I have very limited options. I was hoping to stream ESPN for live NFL games. Are there any channels you suggest I can get to stream live games? 

Also, it would be great if Roku App would be allowed to work in our country. Had a hard time inputting my Netflix login details. Although up to now, it's just a black screen with the Netflix logo on the upper right corner. Is something wrong with it or this is normal?

Looking forward to your responses. 

Thank you!

-Rianne

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Using Roku outside the United States

@Rianne 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos