Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Roku in The Bahamas

Jump to solution

I spend 6 months in US and 6 months in Bahamas.  If I purchase Roku in US  will it work in The Bahamas?  If it will work will I still get access to all or some of the channels?   Will my Netflix subscription work in Bahamas?  Will Prime subscription work in Bahamas?  Your advise would be appreciated. Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Using Roku in The Bahamas

Jump to solution

@exumadolphin

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that Channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@exumadolphin

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that Channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ratchet

Jump to solution

Will the Roku channel and the exclusive shows such as Reno 911 work in the Bahamas

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Ratchet  No.  The Roku Channel is not available in the Bahamas (assuming that’s where you live).  It is only available in North America and the UK.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos