Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Using Roku from remote location (RV)

Jump to solution
I have 3 Roku devices in my home and live near San Antonio. Everything works well and I am receiving the San Antonio locals. I subscribe to Youtube TV and Fubo.

I have an RV I keep near Corpus Christi full time. The locals in that area are different than here. I have purchased another streaming stick plus to use at the RV. I have not yet installed it.

I plan to leave that stick at the RV permanently. I think I can set it up to receive the Corpus Christi locals, on Youtube TV and Fubo, from that stick at that location, (not sure exactly how, I presume by entering the Corpus Christi zip code when setting up the new stick from that area)  I've read something about having to log on to Roku from my home address periodically, or lose my locals. I'm not clear on this. What locals would I lose, San Antonio or Corpus Christi locals or both?

How often must I log in? Do I need to log in from my home using THAT stick I keep at the RV (need to bring it home to log on ?), or can I simply log in using the Roku Settings screen using one of my home devices, or can I just log on from my phone app from my home?

I don't understand all this, and don't want to bring the stick back home periodically if avoidable.

Can someone help clarify this?
Thanks.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Using Roku from remote location (RV)

Jump to solution

They don't allow sharing the same account, YT tv, outside of the home, want locals to stay on, use two different email addresses and pay for two different subscriptions.

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

They don't allow sharing the same account, YT tv, outside of the home, want locals to stay on, use two different email addresses and pay for two different subscriptions.

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks.

That really will work best since I will be able to get the Corpus Christi locals on Fubo. As I understand it, Fubo forces me to use the locals where the Roku device is physically located (Corpus Christi) and You Tube TV forces me to use my home locals, (San Antonio). That way I will have access to both cities locals. I think the only catch is that I need to access a program on Fubo from my home address at least once every 90 days. If that's all there is to it, it's a breeze, since I will be watching both Fubo and YouTube TV when I am at home. I never spend more than a couple weeks at a time at Corpus Christi, and it's only 2 hours drive from home.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

they check your ip address,that tells where you are.

it's a FCC rule,so locals are not shown out of area by a provider.

this dates back to 1960's when cable was born.

youtube could be using billing address as location.

0 Kudos