Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pskerry

Using ROKU on two different TVs

Jump to solution

I'd like to use my ROKU on two different TVs in adjacent rooms. Do I need a separate Roku device?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Using ROKU on two different TVs

Jump to solution

@pskerry 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that you will be unable to use a single device for use on two TVs at the same time. You will however be able to use the same device on both of the TVs if you plan on disconnecting/connecting the device from the TVs when you would like to use it. A vast majority of our customers simply purchase a separate Roku device for each of their TVs for the ease and convenience.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@pskerry 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that you will be unable to use a single device for use on two TVs at the same time. You will however be able to use the same device on both of the TVs if you plan on disconnecting/connecting the device from the TVs when you would like to use it. A vast majority of our customers simply purchase a separate Roku device for each of their TVs for the ease and convenience.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
GCDave

Jump to solution

Hey Danny are you charged 2x on your account then for each unit ??

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution
@GCDave , there is no charge to use a Roku device, so it's not clear what you're asking. Any subscriptions you pay through Roku will be available on any Roku device linked to the same Roku account and you can have up to 20 devices linked to the same account. Subscriptions paid directly to a provider will have their own rules.
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
rwillinger

Jump to solution

How much does an additional device cost and do you pay twice as much to use Roku?

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You can see the suggested retail prices of units here or at your favorite retailer. (Target, Costco, Walmart, Amazon – these devices are widely sold.)  As for twice as much – twice as much as what? 

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos