Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Using Multiple Devices At Same Time

Jump to solution

I am looking to purchase several Roku Sticks for multiple tv's in my home.  Will I be able to watch content on each tv at the same time?  I'm finding conflicting information online and can't reach Roku directly for an answer. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 11

Re: Using Multiple Devices At Same Time

Jump to solution

Yep. You'll be able to watch each of your Rokus individually, totally independent of each other. Some services (especially larger ones like Hulu and Netflix) have limits to the total number of concurrent streams you can have, meaning you may not be able to watch the same service on all of your Roku devices at the same time. Typically the number of streams you can watch depends on your specific subscription. But for services without these limits, or if you're watching different services on each device, there are no issues. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 11

Re: Using Multiple Devices At Same Time

Jump to solution

Yep. You'll be able to watch each of your Rokus individually, totally independent of each other. Some services (especially larger ones like Hulu and Netflix) have limits to the total number of concurrent streams you can have, meaning you may not be able to watch the same service on all of your Roku devices at the same time. Typically the number of streams you can watch depends on your specific subscription. But for services without these limits, or if you're watching different services on each device, there are no issues. 

View solution in original post