Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ghendric
Level 7

Using 1080p display/refresh issue

I recently purchased the Roku Ultra unit. I wanted to set it up with 1080p on my TV. The TV supports 1080p but for some reason when I set Roku up to use that, every time I navigate the menu or anything else, the screen refreshes and there is this popping sound that comes out of the TV.

The TV is probably 15 yrs old but 1080p works great with other devices including Amazon Firestick.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I wound up setting the display to 720p but I'd rather get 1080p.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Using 1080p display/refresh issue

Make sure you have "Auto adjust display refresh rate" disabled (Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Advanced display settings).

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
ghendric
Level 7

I did that and it didn't make a difference. Now what?

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

If you've already manually configured your Display to 1080p (Settings/Display), you should contact Roku directly:

chat or email:  https://support.roku.com/contactus   (choose setup/ultra/other/need more help?)

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos