Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
geneb2450
Level 8

Upgraded from a 2XS to An Ultra - Nice! (think Borat)

The upgrade process went smoothly.  The channels I had installed on the older device were 'remembered' so I didn't really have to configure the Ultra from scratch.  I did have to reenter some ID/s and passwords for Amazon, Netflix, Crackle etc. The difference in performance is very large - immediately noticeable and a much better 'experience' .  I paid $79 at Walmart (Memorial Day sale) and it really was worth the money.  Menus are faster to popup and scrolling is smoother and content loads much faster.  I have an Ethernet port in the den where the TV resides so it's hard wired.  We have a ROKU 3 in the guest room and the Ultra also out performs it, but the difference isn't dramatic enough to replace that one (yet).  Part of that is the fact that both our TVs are older LCD 55" Samsung's that support 1080p - not 4k/HDR etc. so I'm not using all the available newer ROKU features.  All in all I'm very pleased that I upgraded to the Ultra. I've kept hard wired Ethernet access with the Ultra and am future-proofed for when we do a TV upgrade.

Labels (1)