Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
j29racer
Channel Surfer

Paramount Plus Uninstall and reinstall issue

My Paramount Plus app has become glitchy. The live feed from my local affiliate gets out of sync, with the video lagging behind the audio by increasing amounts. Paramount Plus says to uninstall and reinstall the app, but when I go to remove the channel on the device, removing the channel is not an option. I not that this is same with other subscription apps like HBO but that free channels do have that option. Roku customer support essentially refuses to take calls except for billing and new device setup. Anyone know how to reinstall these pay apps?

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Uninstall and reinstall

@j29racer wrote:

My Paramount+ app has become glitchy. The live feed from my local affiliate gets out of sync, with the video lagging behind the audio by increasing amounts. Paramount+ says to uninstall and reinstall the app, but when I go to remove the channel on the device, removing the channel is not an option. I not that this is same with other subscription apps like HBO but that free channels do have that option. Roku customer support essentially refuses to take calls except for billing and new device setup. Anyone know how to reinstall these pay apps?

If you are subscribed to the service through Roku, then you can't uninstall the app until you cancel your subscription.

As convenient as it is to subscribe to services through Roku's billing (Roku Pay) there are disadvantages. I suggest subscribing to services directly, and using those credentials when logging in the app on Roku.

So, to remove an app, you must not have an active subscription through Roku. You can manage that here.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
j29racer
Channel Surfer

So I need to cancel my subscription and start a new one to reinstall the app to fix a glitch? My move towards firestick for my next device is well underway

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@j29racer wrote:

So I need to cancel my subscription and start a new one to reinstall the app to fix a glitch? My move towards firestick for my next device is well underway

The direct subscription to the service can also be used on any other device. Subscriptions through Roku can only be used on Roku.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
j29racer
Channel Surfer

Actually that is not the case. I access my Paramount+ and HBO Max account on my computer and iPad. This old Roku3 is due for replacement. I managed to get someone to forward the concern to tech support at Roku. Maybe they will have ideas. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@j29racer wrote:

Actually that is not the case. I access my Paramount+ and HBO Max account on my computer and iPad. This old Roku3 is due for replacement. I managed to get someone to forward the concern to tech support at Roku. Maybe they will have ideas. 

Are you saying that you have a Paramount+ subscription through Roku? That is listed on your account here? And you can use that to log in to non-Roku devices? 

Yes to all three?

DBDukes

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@j29racer wrote:

Oh, keep in mind that if you subscribe to services through Prime, you'll be limited to watching through Prime. Same as subscribing through Roku restricts you to Roku.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
j29racer
Channel Surfer

I am able to log in and stream from a computer or iPad directly from the providers. I have not tried on another proprietary device. I could see them having it set up to not work on appleTV or Firestick. My Prime membership started with shipping well before the streaming thing came along, and I can access it on Roku or on the computer/iPad. I'm probably going to cancel everything through Roku and re-subscribe directly and shop devices. The Roku3 doesn't have an SD card, so it delays launching apps that have not been used recently. The very limited tech support from Roku is going to be a factor in deciding where my money goes next.

0 Kudos
DinoF
Reel Rookie

I had the same problem on a Roku Ultra 4670x (would not remove or open Paramount+) and did the usual reboots. Then I tried changing out the micro SD card and it works fine now. Incidentally to your point of switching, I've got both Fire and Roku and the latter is a lot less trouble.

0 Kudos
artist53

Can I ask what the micro SD card is? Where it is? How you change it? I haven't been able to watch P+ for months now...constantly freezes. I know zero about electronics and Roku has been no help. Your suggestion might work for me since all I've tried so far has not. I simply don't understand all this stuff, but would sincerely like to know how to try something (this) else.

Thank you.

0 Kudos