Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LB0325

Unable to pair new 4k+ and remote

My new 4K+ won’t pair with the remote. I removed batteries, unplugged and all other suggested troubleshooting. I tried it on other TVs-same issue. I tested the remote only with my other (Roku) tv successfully. Seems like the receiver doesn’t work. The reciever model is 3941X. Should I return the unit?

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Unable to pair new 4k+ and remote

With all these Rokus that come with a USB power adapter make sure you're using the supplied power adapter and not the TV's USB port.  Try another HDMI cable if you have one.  I know it doesn't make sense, but people have reported it fixes all kinds of seemingly unrelated problems.  If you have another Roku (not a RokuTV) then you should be able to use its remote and maybe go through the menu to get to the pairing procedure.  If it's easy to return/exchange, you may just want to go that route.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
wlawsons89
Reel Rookie

I'm having the exact same issue. New Roku receiver and remote, can't get them paired, it just gets stuck on the screen that says "PAIR YOUR REMOTE." I've tried every troubleshooting option, hard reset, replace the batteries, tried different cables, haven't gotten a single thing to work. I would really love to not throw this away or return it. Is there any option aside from returning it and ordering a new one? Friend is telling me to switch to Amazon Firestick...

0 Kudos
Gurn
Reel Rookie

I’m having the same issue. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@wlawsons89 @Gurn

Thanks for the posts.

We would recommend checking out the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: Pair a voice remote.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Having the same issue with Express 4K+, model 3941X. SN: S07P515FX9CW. Couldn't find any troubleshooting that addresses this problem.

0 Kudos
jds395

I was having the same problem with my new Express 4K+. I tried restarting the process multiple times, removed the batteries multiple times, consulted this community and searched the internet for possible solutions. I was about ready to ship the unit back. 

But then I thought, wait, what if the batteries are faulty. I checked them with a voltmeter and, sure enough, they both were putting out only 1.05V. Once a AAA battery gets below about 1.2 or 1.3 volts it is essentially dead.

I replaced the two batteries with new ones and the remote paired with the streamer immediately. I didn't even have to use the "push button" method. Problem solved.

The supposedly "new" batteries were marked as "brand name OEM", made in China and had no validity date. I hope this helps others with pairing problems.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried new batteries, a different HDMI cable, and plugging into an outlet instead of the TV's USB port. Nothing seems to make any difference.

0 Kudos
DJ704

My new 4K+ won’t pair with the remote. I removed batteries, unplugged and all other suggested troubleshooting. I tried it on other TVs-same issue. I tested the remote only with my other (Roku) tv successfully. Seems like the receiver doesn’t work. The reciever model is 3941X. Should I return the unit?

0 Kudos
wlawsons89
Reel Rookie

I've tried all of these things as well to no avail. I've even finally gotten a support ticket, which as gotten me nowhere. In the last two weeks, "Nancy" (if she even exists) has sent me the same two emails about powering down the roku and restarting. I'm returning mine and switching to Amazon Fire, frustrating because I like the roku format but I can't even find a way to send mine back to Roku and get a different one.

0 Kudos