Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Unable to connect to Roku service

We just bought a Roku TV for my daughter. I have gone thur the set up 100 times. I get a code and enter it and before I can eveen finish the rest of the online questions I get "unable to connect to  Roku service" Wireless is fine, internet is fine.

What am I missing here?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Rachel

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Unable to connect to Roku service

Can someone help me figure out how to get my TV working i have 2 roku tvs 5 tvs in my home in total alllll the other tvs are working except this 1 !???? Internet is working fine

I'll never buy another roku tv again

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Unable to connect to Roku service

@RachelRicks @Black_Queen 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? What were you doing when you encountered this issue? Is there an error code that is shown when you see this issue?

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku TV.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your TV to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can activate and setup your TV. Then once the TV has been setup, try switching back to your home wireless network.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos